Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Being Open to Receive


Guys! I completely had a lightbulb moment the other day!  (I know I've been getting them a lot lately).  But seriously, I overheard someone talking and they said a phrase I've heard so many times and for the first time it finally clicked.  It only took me 26 years and a few experiences later.  Hahaha.

How many times have you heard someone say, "It's not the end of the world."  I know I've heard it a bunch of times.  Now, keep in mind I am hard wired with anxiety. I use to think a lot of things that went wrong would almost be the end of the world.  (If you're like me you know what I mean).  However, during one of my internships their was this huge issue that happened during my first few weeks and I thought I was done for.  But I had a very senior director say to me those exact words, "It's not the end of the world."   It was like a light bulb wet off in my head. It immediately put me at ease!  If it was any other time, person, or place I still would have freaked out.  It wasn't until that point in time when that woman said it that I was ready to receive the message.

The point is this;  sometimes you hear the same motivational speech or phrase many times but it isn't until you are ready to receive the message that you fully understand.  Maybe that person has a totally different way of bringing you the information that makes you go, "Oh my lanta!  This totally makes sense now!"  Gods timing is perfect.  When you are ready to go to that conference you will.  When you are ready to fully comprehend what is being said or done you will!

Ecclesiastes 3:11 “He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also, he has put eternity into man’s heart, yet so that he cannot find out what God has done from the beginning to the end.”   

If at any point in your life you've had one of theses "lightbulb receiving" moments let me know in the comments below!  I want to hear from you!

Love you Always,
leah

No comments:

Post a Comment