Monday, August 15, 2016

Giving Up on Your Dream

I'm sure their have been plenty of times in your life when you were ready to throw in the towel and call it quits.  Believe me, I get it! I've felt like that, A LOT! I can't even tell you how many times I've given up on things in my life (and I'm only 26).

I am a serial quitter.  I'm not even sure if that's a thing but I'm gonna make it a thing!

I have struggled with having lots of drive and ambition my whole life.  But than as soon as I come to a challenge or set back I give up.  I might even tough it out and handle a couple of set backs but ultimately I gave up... again.  It was so embarrassing to tell friends and family how excited I was to start something new too then tell them one a few months later "it did't work out."  They probably think I'm a flake and can't handle life (which I can't but that's for another post).

Just like in my last post, about Taking Action you were given a special purpose for your life.  God needs YOU to deliver on what it is He put in your heart.  We are his soldiers.  I'm sorry to tell you this but Ecclesiastes 5:3 says, "For a dream comes with much business and painful effort."

We have to learn to put in effort and keep trucking through. Which is what I like to say, Do work!

What I do - I know many other successful people do - is to remind ourselves why we started.  Did you start so you can give your children a better life?  Did you start so you can help others?  Whatever your reason is remember God has equipped with you armor for the battle.  Satan will do anything to try and steal, kill and destroy your life (that's all he wants to do).  This means he will try and put any obstacle in your way so you give up.  I've heard it said that the moment right before you're about to give up is when the miracle happens. Theirs God, showing up for you and helping you through.  A verse that I have in my car is Psalm 32:7 

" For you are my hiding place; you protect me from trouble.  You surround me with songs of victory." 

My favorite part of this verse is that last word; victory!  It jumps off the page and into my heart.  It feels like a warm blanket of courage being wrapped around me.  It makes me feel like I can conquer all of my dreams!

But...

I'm not saying that if you have a really crappy job that is sucking the life out of you, that you have to stick it out.  Please, don't do that!  What I am saying is that if you pray for Gods guidance he will show you the way.  "For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11 

For me I ended up staying at a job that wrecked havoc on my spirit for months before I left.  I stayed because I didn't want to give up.  I didn't want my family to think I was quitting something...again.  But honestly it was the best thing I could have done.  I prayed about it for a a long time and then one day I heard God loud and clear.  It was time to go.  The difference here was that being at that company and doing that job was not a dream God put on my heart.  

If I never left I would have never started this blog.  I would have never written my book (coming to you in 2017).  Those were the real dreams God placed in my heart.  I know this because I have always felt it in my soul since I was a little girl.  But most importantly because I knew it would glorify Him!  

Lastly, I leave you with this.  If you are feeling like you're about to give up, keep going.  Show those doubters what you're made of!  Show them you are strong!  And always remember why you started. 


Love you always, 
Leah 






No comments:

Post a Comment