Sunday, September 25, 2016

Greatness

This post is more faith based than the rest.  It's going to be short and sweet.  So just a heads up.

At church today we studied the first chapter in the book of Jonah.  Ya know, the guy who got swallowed by a great big fish.  (FYI, it never says he was swallowed by a whale so the whole 'Jonah and the Whale" story is false.) Which makes me understand why some people are against Christianity, but that is a totally different post within it's self.  Should I do a post on it?  Would you find it helpful in understanding nonbelievers?  Leave me a comment and let me know.

Did you know the term great is used in the short book of Jonah, more than any other book of the bible?  This is not a coincidence.  The entire story of Jonah is about how great and big God is.  He is bigger than any thought or idea we might have.  He is bigger than any of our own judgements of others.  He is big enough to show grace to EVERYONE!  Even those we think don't deserve it or didn't "earn" it.  How dare we limit God.  He is a great big God capable of anything.  I mean He did create the universe.

My friends, I ask you the next time your ego creeps in and you think to yourself, "See how awesome I am God.  Look at how good I am."  know that God loves you as much as the most horrible person you can think of.  Then I invite you to pray for those who need Him.  Also, pray for yourself that you can be humbled by Him.  I know you have your short comings as well but God still loves you the same.  He is a great big God.


Love You Always,

Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment